The importance of a great red lippy in a woman’s make-up kit cannot be understated. It’s the combination of warm sensuality and slap-you-in-the-face sexuality which cannot be ignored.
For those of us with warm skin tones, finding a good red can be difficult. We need one with an orange/yellow base, rather than a blue/pink one, and there are surprisingly few of these. Many look ‘true red’ in stick form, but turn pink as they are applied, as the pigment is not strong enough to keep the red colour.
Below are my favourites which are available on the UK high street:
- Revlon Matte in Really Red (006)
- L’Oreal Color Riche Serum in Ardent Sunset (S500)
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in Kiss of Life (111)
- Collection Volume Sensation in Cherry Pop (8)
No longer available, but you might be able to find on the internet:
- Bourjois So Rouge in Rouge Dress Code (34)
- Bourjois Sweet Kiss in Rouge Fashion (76)
I’ve never managed to find a warm red in a really lasting lipstick but the following make a good base for the colours above:
- Max Factor Lipfinity in Luscious (130)
- Maybelline Superstay in Pink Spice (760)
For something more sheer but surprisingly colour-packed:
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy Apple (035)